[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Rehabilitation of a city house in Lyon[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Upon purchasing this city house twinning the adjacent one, the clients seek a general inside improvement before settling. They have numerous wishes:
– Creating a bathroom at the ground floor
– Suppressing the partition between the kitchen and the loung to have a vast living room
– Widen the opening on the veranda to have more luminosity
– Create a staircase in the ground, leading to the basement from the entry hall without resorting to an exterior detour
– Rearranging the 2m² bathroom at the first floor by adding a WC
– Replacing the fuel oil heating by mains gas heating
– Improving the thermal and acoustic comfort.
With a strict budget, the challenge is hard to take up. The result meets the clients’ expectations et the budget is respected, despite a few surprises during the works. The house is entirely thermally isolated and the comfort is immediately felt. The most radical change happened at the ground floor: a vast and luminous room with a quality floor: solid wood. The bathroom was created on a new concrete slab, poured at mid-level of the former laundry room.
A few adjustments were done. For this kind of works, an architect’s coordination is essential.
These works were delivered in August 2018.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]